Pic

Pic

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

kids bath

While working on the master bath I have moved over to the kids bath for a little rearranging. Nothing too crazy but wanted something cute above the toilet and a place to hold extra toilet paper for guests. It's an extremely tiny bathroom with no room for storage! But that's ok I still love this bathroom because it is full of charm especially with the cute 1950s grey and black tile. Here's the new setup...




I found an old chalkboard that fit perfect in here with little wooden rods at the bottom which was just wanted I needed to hold the toilet paper! I put "floss, brush, wash, flush" because I thought that would be cute since it's the kids bathroom and was fitting. Underneath I hung my old, chippy red shelf and added a few galvanized pieces (I'm obsessed with anything galvanized) including my little punched tin tray. Then a white metal star I had that I took from another shelf, and my painted bumblebee sits in the bucket.






This is a side view.




This is a full view looking into the bathroom from the hallway. I also put a little chalkboard on the door that says "bath" so guests have no question which door it is when they walk through the hallway.
When we bought this house I left everything original in this bathroom including the cast iron tub (it's not pictured...it's to the right) except I changed out the old vanity to this one because this one is very narrow and allowed more walking room and I liked the sink bowl. I also changed out the not so pretty vanity mirror and replaced it with this black wood framed one. I love adding things to this bathroom because I would say 75 % of our guests use the restroom while they are here so I want to try to make it as cute as possible!:)
Thanks for visiting! I always love to read comments and any new blogs to follow! 








2 comments:

  1. What an adorable bathroom. I love that chalkboard shelf, function and whimsy - a perfect combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shelf and cabinet looks great in there. Love the idea of hanging the toilet paper on the dowels.

    ReplyDelete